· Atlantic City Country Club is one of America’s oldest and most prestigious golf clubs offering 18 holes and features 6,539 yards of green. Named the #1 Public/Daily Fee golf Course in New Jersey as well as the “Birthplace of the Birdie,” the course has a tradition of fast and firm greens with uncompromising playing conditions and its bayside setting is reminiscent of the historic links in Scotland and Ireland.
· Blue Heron Pines, located in Cologne, about a half hour away from Atlantic City, offers 18 holes of championship golf. A trend-setting golf club since opening in 1993, Blue Heron Pines established and maintains the tone for upscale daily-fee golf at the Jersey Shore, with over 6,800 yards of exquisite fairways, manicured greens, water and strategically placed bunkers. Call (609) 965-1800.
· The Links at Brigantine Beach , reminiscent of the legendary links courses of the British Isles with its ocean view and flat, nearly treeless terrain, plays 6,570 yards and has been extensively renovated, returning it to its original 1927 grandeur. Call (609) 266-1388.
· Harbor Pines winds around the perimeter of a heavily wooded 520-acre site in Egg Harbor Township. Dubbed a “diamond tiara” by Golf Magazine, the course offers five sets of tees, breathtaking vistas, a spectacular 20,000-square-foot clubhouse and 17 acres of water. Call (609) 927-0006.
· Mays Landing Golf Club is located on 175 acres in the pristine pinelands of Atlantic County. The tree-lined fairways and wide landing areas were designed with both novice and advanced golfers in mind. Since its founding in 1962, the course has been consistently improved and updated, enhancing overall length and playability. Call (609) 641-4411.
· McCullough’s Emerald Links is a public championship golf course in Egg Harbor Township that combines the traditions and features of both old and new, with a distinctly Irish-Scottish golfing experience in its wide open fairways, tricky powerful winds, remarkable grass mounds and bunkers, vast natural waste areas, and true undulating greens. Call (609) 926-3900.
· Sand Barrens Golf Club is located just 30 miles south on Route 9 and features three sets of nine holes, each par 36. Each golf cart has the ProLink GPS Tracking system to provide course layout, yardage, pace of play, shot measurement and play advice. Call (609) 465-3555.
· Seaview Pines Course and Bay Course are located at the Seaview Marriott. The Bay Course, a Donald Ross-designed 6,247 yard course, was the location of the 2001 ShopRite LPGA Classic. The Pines Course is 6,731 yards of classic golf, built in the 1920s and featuring dozen doglegs and thick southern Jersey pines. Call (609) 652-1800
· Shore Gate Golf Club stretches over 235 acres of completely secluded woodlands and sand dunes. The 7,200-yard course is located to the south in Ocean View and provides one of the region’s most spectacular parkland course experiences. Call (609) 624-TEES.
· Twisted Dune in Egg Harbor Township is a first-class, public links course that looks and feels like one of the world’s finest private clubs. Bent grass turf carpets each fairway for a firm surface, with a layout that factors in the wind. Call (609) 653-8019.
· Vineyard Golf at Renault Winery is a unique 7,000 yard Championship Golf course with majestic views of the vineyards and orchards as it meanders subtly through the Pinelands. Meticulously maintained tees, fairways, greens and ponds accentuate the high quality of Renault Craftsmanship. Call (609) 965-2111.
The Greater Atlantic City Golf Association provides one-stop shopping, including golf vacation packages with many area hotels. Visitors can book packages or tee times by calling the Association at 1-800-GOLF-222 or by visiting http://www.gacga.com/.
|< Prev||Next >|